Sunday, November 23, 2014

Area - Rennes

Hi so much to tell you and no time and also a new keyboard, so this will be fun! Bear with me my friends!!

First off, I LOVE it here!!!  So, I will try and start from the beginning! We landed at the airport in France at 10 am! The 10 hour flight maybe felt like a flight to California to me! I took a little pink pill and was out! I also didn't have anyone sitting next to me, so that was nice! We started to descend, and I happened to be sitting right next to the bathroom. There was a 19 year old boy waiting for the bathroom, I said, "Hi," and began to talk to him.  He was from France and was totally awesome! I made him sit down next to me and I told him all about the Book of Mormon.  That was my first BOM give-away in France! I was pretty excited about it! He gave me his number, so we want to get the Elders over there soon!!

We landed, and President Baban, Souer Baban, the AP's, and the office Elders were all waiting for us! We then were handed our Metro ticket and a Book of Mormon.  We were then told to hop on and give away our BOM's... We tried our hardest... We then got to the church in Paris, and the very first person I saw was LAUREN ANN ANDERSON!! So exciting! (Lauren is Whitney's friend, with whom she played soccer for many years).  We had our interviews with President, and then I was sent with a Sister to contact the streets of PARIS!! It was so fun!! We talked to so many awesome people and prayed with a few! It was kind of scary but I was having way too much fun to care!

We then had dinner and some awesome food, and spent the night at the mission home! We woke up, and the AP's picked us up and took us to the Hill of Consecration! It was so beautiful!! While looking over Paris, we took time to set individual goals and remember our purpose as set apart missionaries! It was very cool. I will write more about it when I can send pictures and explain the symbolism. We went back to the church, and then we went to Notre Dame. It was so cool! You guys - there are the coolest things here! You have to come! Ha-ha

We then went back to the church and received our trainers!!!! YAY!! My trainer's name is Soeur Whisler. She is from Nevada and her dad's name is Doug, and she has a sister named Angie! So, we are also soul mates! I feel so blessed! She is truly amazing!  We are opening another ville (area) in RENNES! Life could not get much better! We are living in an apartment with 2 other Sisters. In fact, Soeur Ellis, one of my roommates in the MTC, is here with me. It’s the best deal and it is so fun! My companion is amazing I am learning so much from her! The Babans are amazing. I feel so blessed! Life just couldn't get much better!

You guys, miracles are real and they are everywhere! Soeur Whisler and I are opening this new ville, so we didn't have any appointments or anything, but we received a phone call on the train ride to Rennes. The Elders wanted to pass along a lady and her daughters they had taught once before! It was so amazing and humbling to see how other people live! We have met with her one other time and she came to church with her girls this Sunday! So awesome!

But on top of that, we have just seen miracle after miracle! All your prayers are being felt, so thank you! I don't have time to share all of them, because there are way too many to count, so I will just share my favorite story of the week!

Saturday night Soeur Whistler and I were about to go and drop by this girl's house we had met on the street! But, we both just didn't feel good about it, so we decided to go and visit a less active! We had a list of 3 the other Sisters had given us, so we said a prayer to know where to go! We both had a strong feeling to go to this one less active's house. We pulled out the map, and figured out we had to go all the way to the end of the Metro. We hopped on the Metro, got off at the last stop, and then realized that we didn't have time to go to the less active's house if we wanted to make the last bus home!

This area was kinda sketchy... but we just both knew we were supposed to be there. We kept saying over and over we both felt so strongly to come here there has to be a reason. We said a prayer asking for direction and faith. We walked down the road and talked to everyone we saw. We finally turned back around and hopped on the Metro. We get on the Metro and there was this girl standing there. She looked like it had been a rough day. I smiled at her, and then she approached us. She was taking surveys. She took our survey and then we just kept talking to her! While we were talking to her I had this strong feeling that we came all this way just to talk to her.

As we were getting off the Metro, we handed her a Pass Along Card, and just thought "Well, you know what, we left her smiling, and that's exactly what we are called to do. Share God's love and brighten people's day!” We left the Metro feeling accomplished even though we didn't accomplish anything we had planned.

But, listen to this!! Sunday night the Elders wanted to pass us another investigator! (They are the best and so awesome. We are so grateful for them.) We were supposed to meet them at a bus stop we had never been to, so we had to figure out our bus times. We had decided on the later bus, but for some reason we decided that maybe we should just leave and catch the earlier bus! We walked to the bus stop, get there right as the bus is pulling up, and guess who we saw?!! AWEN, the girl from the metro! She got this big smile on her face, and then just started talking to us in English when we got on the bus! She was so excited to see us, she even said “This is a once in a million chance!" We continued to talk to her. She is so awesome! She has traveled the world and is just super cool! We talked for awhile, and she asked exactly what our job was. We shared our purpose, and then we gave her a BOM!

Our stop was coming, so I was just like, "Awen, I want to see you again. Can we get your number?" She gave us her number, and then even said how she was very interested in reading the BOM!

I KNOW HEAVENLY FATHER IS GUIDING US!!! We just have to have faith! He placed Awen in our path twice now! She needs this message, and I cannot wait to share it with her!! I HAVE NEVER FELT SO MUCH JOY AND EXCITEMENT as I did in that moment! I feel so blessed to be a missionary and feel the love of our Heavenly Father every minute of every day! I'm sorry I don't have more time!  I love YOU all so much! Have the best week!

Soeur Back



No comments:

Post a Comment